The Education Working Group (EWG) of the Canadian Lymphedema Framework (CLF) supports the CLF by promoting the education of patients and healthcare professionals interested in lymphedema and its treatment.
The Education Working Group’s goals:
- Developing or endorsing Bilingual Best Practice guidelines and developing strategy for its dissemination
- Defining a common body of knowledge, geared to Canada/Canadians
- Progressing standards for lymphedema education
- Defining standards of instructor education for lymphedema therapy programs
- Developing a patient education strategy
- Promoting the education of healthcare professionals regarding best practices in treating lymphedema
The targeted audience: healthcare professionals, lymphedema practitioners (including garment fitters), educational and training institutions, individuals with lymphedema and their supportive networks, industry stakeholders
Accomplishments to date:
- Analysis of lymphedema education needs for various health care professionals.
- Ongoing webinar series for patient education and general health care professional education.
- National lymphedema printed material for patient education (pamphlets).
- Web-based educational tool (link to healthcare practitioner tool), including data bank of slides about lymphedema for patient education, for the nursing profession, and general health care practitioners.
- Creation of a Consensus Statement with recommended guidelines for Professional Educational Standards for training of Lymphedema Therapists.
- Establishment of a Speakers Bureau
- Maintenance and ongoing review of educational materials for patients, therapists, general health care practitioners: including, but not limited to best practice documents, books, videos and video links
Tracy Gardikiotis (SK) (CLF Board Liason)
Sandra MacDonald (NS) (Co-Chair)
Pam Hammond (ON) (Co-Chair)
Marize Ibrahim (QC)
Sonja Redden (BC)
Linda (Koby) Blanchield (BC)
- Bisa Dobson (ON)